Relocating to New York means taking a step forward in your life. It is a very crucial and life-changing decision. Likewise, it is an expensive venture as well. The living cost in NYC is one of the highest ones in the world.
However, before you start a life there, you need to get to that place first. Henceforth, you need to be completely aware of the expenses, and you have to calculate the total moving cost that you will have to count for moving to NYC. Here, I am informing you about the top most important aspects of NYC relocation price.
How Much Do Movers Cost?
The relocation gets much easier if you get the help of the professional movers. Before doing that, the first thing you need to know is, how much the movers cost you for the job that they will render. Honestly, it is not that cheap compared to moving to any other places in the USA.
Besides, there are some differences between the cost for Brooklyn moving companies charge and the Manhattan movers. But here I am giving you a general idea of the cost of NYC moving companies. Also, if you are willing to save some money on NYC moving cost, you can do that too. Hence, you have to do a little research.
The Guide to the Calculation of Costing
Talking about relocating to NYC, it is essential to mention that this place is home to some of the best moving companies in all around the USA. Moreover, it is home to many fraudulent movers as well. What may appear to you as an excellent opportunity to save your money on relocation purpose could turn out to be a scam.
To avoid such a situation, make a balance between the quality and money-saving. Make sure you are hiring a reputed and reliable moving professional in NYC. Make an account of the main aspects of overall NYC moving cost estimation based on the moving company you are about to hire.
Important Factors of NYC Moving Cost
Intending to know the cost for New York City relocation, you need to know their services first that you are willing to get. In inclusion, the number of services that you will get directly depends on your specific needs. Furthermore, there are some divisions of moving services in NYC divided into different categories:
- Preparation for your relocation that is the moving cost based on the NYC mover’s work before the actual move
- Conducting the relocation as in the services that they provide during the primary process of relocation
- They also help after the relocation,which you may need right after the relocation is done; and that counts as additional assistance that
- The exclusive time of services that you may need, which is not included in the basic package of services.
Costing Before the Moving Day
A moving company will help you to make a moving strategy together with you just before the moving day. They do it before the beginning of the moving plans. They will make the schedule of all the activities according to your likings.
Also, they will help you to disassemble your furniture and appliances that do not fit through the windows and doors. In case you do not have time for all these, you can ask them to do everything on behalf of you. But this will cost you a little more.
Transportation Service Cost
The mover does this part on the moving day. On that very day, they will first take a look at the number of boxes that they need to relocate to your destination. They conduct the transportation and afterward, unload your items on the delivery address that you provided.
After delivering your items, if you want your mover to help you with other works, they will certainly do that for you. They will do the unpacking and reassembling your furniture. This extra service does not really cost much.
Additional Service Cost Estimation
Along with the essential relocation services, your mover will provide you with a lot more according to your need. These will cost you more but will assure you physical and mental relief such as:
- Some of the NYC movers have piano moving experts. So, if you need help in moving your musical instruments, they will give you the service based on the amount you pay.
- If you need help to move the older people of your family safely to your new location, your mover will do the same.
- If you need to store your things, they will let you have the facility of NYC self-storage with an affordable price.
- If you have unique and valuable items, they will certainly take extra care when they move them.
- As an extra service, they will remove the junk after you leave your home. This way, you will be able to get rid of this tedious job.
Costing Based on the Size of the Apartment
- If it is a 1 bedroom apartment, you will need 2 movers, and you will have to spend around $310 for loading and unloading purposes. And to hire the truck for about 5 hours, you will have to pay $40-$80.
- In terms of an average-sized apartment with 4 bedrooms, the movers and truck will cost you about $1,150 on average, excluding services for particular items. If you are willing to buy packing materials, that will cost you more like $200-$240.
- For relocating to a big house of maybe 3,200 sq. feet, you will have to spend at least $10,000, and it can get as high as $20,000.
Always ask about the hiring procedure of the moving company that includes. Do background checks on their employees or their day laborers. You will fill out a bill of lading (BOL) at first, which outlines all fees associated with your move. If there is any uncertainty regarding pricing, clarify it before signing the BOL.